Tomorrow, our little town will be buzzing with activity for the annual Focus on Franklin festival.
- Art exhibition - I heard from my husband who attended last night's opening that there are many beautiful works of art including ceramics and sculptures on display and also available for purchase. Last year we bought two beautiful screen prints from a local artist.
- Cooking competition - including the hotly contested "apple tea cake cooked by a man" category. Judging from 12noon, food will remain on display from 1.30 - 3pm
- Garden competition - have a sticky beak at some of the town's beautiful gardens, between Jacksons Road and Swamp Road in Franklin
- For horse lovers: Tasmanian Light Horse, pony rides and Riding for the Disabled on the Village Green
- Apple and Salmon Race - Rotary will be selling tickets until 3pm, then the races start at 3.30pm
- Huon Valley Concert Band on the oval at 11am and again mid-afternoon
- For the kids: face painting, jumping castle, kite flying, fairy floss and Tazorb (if you don't know what this is, come and see it)
- Recycled water craft competition - make a boat capable of carrying a bag of apples from any recycled materials, or just show up ar 4pm to watch
- Lots of water based activities - rowing, wooden boat building
- Bush dance on the oval at 5.00pm - all free
- Evening: lanterns and lit boat parade on the river.
And much more. Hope you can visit us!
And if you can't make it for Saturday's festivities, there is also the Franklin Market in the Palais on Sunday morning.
FULL WEEKEND ahead!