Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hartz Mountains teaser

Something that has been on my 'to do' list ever since we moved to Tasmania is to walk up Hartz Peak (1255m). It's not far from home, and from what I've seen and heard, the views into the World Heritage Area in the remote south west are pretty spectacular. I still haven't climbed it, but last weekend we drove with visitors from Sydney into the Hartz Mountains National Park to do a couple of short walks, to the Waratah Lookout and Arve Falls. The weather was perfect. Seeing all those beautiful rocks and alpine plants got me excited about doing some 'proper' walks again.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hartz is a lovely NP, I haven't been in ages- we always feel guilty about going on a walk without the dogs!! Thanks for the lovely comments on my wedding blog post.

    ReplyDelete