Monday, June 21, 2010

Hello possum

Late yesterday afternoon I headed out on a walk, about 9km all up, including some good steep hills. A good workout, as I can still feel it in the legs. I have been missing my Wild Women trek training sessions and let's face it, pretty slack about getting out for a couple of hours. I walked down our road for only about a kilometre before meeting this possum. Brushtail possums here are much darker than they grey ones in Sydney. This cute little guy wasn't worried about me getting close enough to take a photo. And now a gratuitous rural view shot from the end of my walk. The last few rays of sunlight were hitting the Snug Tiers across the river. Today is the shortest day of the year - Winter solstice. So everything gets brighter from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment