Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hurtling hens

I am constantly surprised by how much ground the chooks cover each day. One minute I see all three of them dashing about in the front paddock, the next, they're charging along the fence up behind the house, then out in the driveway pecking around the water tank. And when they spot me on the way to the hen house at dinner time, they sprint. I had no idea how active hens are. For some odd reason, I expected them to peck about quite sedately. Anyhow, I expect to learn a lot more about poultry on the weekend at a 'poultry breeding masterclass' with Paul Healy. I'm thinking about picking up a young cockerel for the girls... but I'll wait to see how I feel about that after the workshop.

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Susan,
    Schöne Hühner, gutes Frühlingsbild!
    Ganz liebe Grüße aus dem herbstlichen Flandernland,
    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete