Friday, December 20, 2019

The wild west

I took the week of my birthday off work. David and I drove via Queenstown to Strahan on the wild west coast of Tasmania, a five hour trip from our place. I had been there once before, at the start of the Tasmanian Leaders program, when it was 30+ degrees for four days straight! This was the first time we've been there together. The highlight was absolutely the Gordon River Cruise. David had booked so long ago that we had the very front seats upstairs. The staff were friendly, the food delicious and it was incredible to see Hells Gates, Sarah Island and a glimpse of the World Heritage Wilderness in Tasmania's south west. I am thankful for those who fought for its existence. We also visited the extensive West Coast Heritage Centre museum in Zeehan and walked to Montezuma Falls and Hogarth Falls, two of the 60 Great Short Walks in Tasmania. A good short break.

No comments:

Post a Comment