Sunday, December 15, 2019

The inaugural Tassal Ten

Until recently, I was one of the those who think the words "fun" and "run" don't belong in the same sentence. Well today I completed my first 10km fun run, the inaugural Tassal Ten at beautiful Dover in Tasmania's far south. It was great fun and I'll definitely be back for more. While I walked a few (mainly uphill) sections, I was happy enough to have run most of it. For proof of actual running see photo right - that's me in the purple shirt.

It was such a great community run event, raising funds for Hobart's Paediatric Intensive Care Unit. At about the halfway point the rain came down but it didn't stop the smiles on everyone's faces. There was an excellent contingent of Huon Runners / Geeveston parkrun folk with infectious enthusiasm to share. After the adults run there was a 2km run called Annabelle's run. It is so great to see so many local kids getting out there with their family doing something both healthy and fun. And great work by the volunteers who made it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment