Monday, May 9, 2016

Pumphouse Point


 In January last year, I thought I might book a night or two at Pumphouse Point as a special splurge for our wedding anniversary in May, but it was not to be - already booked out. This time I booked in October and have been looking forward to it ever since. It lived up to the hype. After a weekend of walks in the beautiful Lake St Clair National Park and surrounds (more on that later), gazing at the stillness of the lake, wildlife spotting (not one, but two close-up wombat encounters), eating good food and drinking lovely Tasmanian wines, my shoulders have dropped and I am relaxed and refreshed.

2 comments:

  1. We were lucky to get in during January for my husband's birthday but like you booked well ahead. It was too hot to get out around the lake and were told that a snake had made an appearance in the kitchen earlier. It was still blissfully enjoyable and an exceptional place to stay. Would love to go back in winter though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I imagine it would be a bit different there in other seasons... kept thinking it would be quite spectacular in winter snow. We were surprised how quiet it was at Lake St Clair on the weekend - very few cars at the visitors' centre and not many walkers, given the weather was OK.

      Delete