The difference between the weather we had two weeks ago and the past week is just incredible - spring has sprung! It was sunny and 23 degrees for the Doodys Hill Fathers Day walk on Sunday, T-shirt weather for me and even shorts for David. Many signs of the new season have appeared:
- The welcome swallows have returned already (last year they were so late that we thought they weren't coming back)
- The light is different and the sun appears larger
- The air is wattle scented
- The blossoms are coming out on my young apricot tree
- Even up here on the hill where it is normally a few degrees cooler, the daffodils are out. They've been out for weeks at the bottom of the hill.
- The bush is alive with bird calls
- There are insects
- Russell the rooster is randier than ever
It's glorious. How have you been enjoying Tassie's warm spring days?