Friday, October 8, 2010

Garden update

Some more snow fell yesterday morning, although none of it stayed on the ground. I'm sure it was because I planted stuff in the garden this week. The day before it was 22 degrees and sunny. Crazy weather that's for sure. Despite that, touches of spring have started to appear in the garden. A few deciduous trees have tiny green buds and leaves on them. In our 5 apple bins, so far I've planted potatoes, carrots, spring onions, arugula, snow peas and peas. All of the raspberry canes have grown pretty leaves. Of the seeds I've planted in punnets - some in the shed and some on the outdoor seedling table - so far only the lettuce and oregano has germinated, but I''m still quite excited about the prospect of actual food coming from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment