Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tas Farm Gate Market

Last Sunday we FINALLY got to the Tasmanian Farm Gate Market in the Melville Street car park in Hobart. For some reason it never seems to fit in with our Sunday plans. But I'll make sure to go again... even though it was a drizzly morning, there was a wonderful range of produce for sale. If I hadn't been on the way to the airport, I would have gone mad buying vegetables. They just looked so fresh and lovely. I did buy some of Amanda's delicious pear and vanilla bean jam for my mum, and some Bruny Island Cheese to take up on the plane for friends in Sydney.

I bought a copy of 'Gourmet Farmer' Matthew Evans' new book, Winter on the Farm, as beautifully described here on Michelle's blog. And yes, I did ask him to sign it. Why not. I love that TV show. I love 'meeting' the people in it and drooling over the great Tassie produce it shows to the wider Australian audience. The new series starts on SBS on 25 August. Watch it, then buy your ticket to visit, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment