Friday, December 27, 2013

Looking down

Walking the Overland Track was a little like meditation. My brain has never felt so clear. I thought I would have plenty of time for thinking, but in fact I thought about very little other than where to put my foot next or how beautiful the plants were. It was the holiday I needed and the perfect time to visit the Cradle Mountain - Lake St Clair National Park. The wildflowers were well and truly on display. Hundreds of waratahs, bright red scoparia, a sea of bauera underneath the eucalypts and even some tiny native orchids. Here are some things I saw while looking down.


As much as I saw mostly what was at my feet on the Overland Track, morning tea and lunch breaks were a chance to look up, at trees, mountains, clouds and wide blue skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment