Saturday, July 20, 2013

Freycinet

I'm in beautiful Freycinet National Park for a few days for the Tasmanian Leaders Program mid-year residential. I can't believe it's July and we're halfway through the program. It's been a great journey so far. And how lucky we are to be staying in a place like this.

On the first morning I got up at 6.00 to walk up to the Wineglass Bay lookout. Too early, it turns out, as it was still dark when I got to the viewing platform and had to wait for dawn so I could take the photo below to prove I was there! Afterwards I drove to Cape Tourville lighthouse and walked around the point while the sun rose.

Last time I was in Freycinet was with David on our 'driving round Tassie looking for somewhere to live tour', a couple of years before we moved here. I don't think I have ever seen David look quite as relaxed as in a photo I took of him sitting on the back deck of Freycinet Lodge, slight stubble, beer on the table, aqua blue water in the background. It's so peaceful here, I can't help but let go of stress and worries.


No comments:

Post a Comment