Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Huon Expo

Saturday's Huon Expo was a triumph by any measure. More than 100 Huon Valley businesses participated and well over 2,000 people came through the doors of the Huonville PCYC on the day. $2,500 was raised for the PCYC's Youth at Risk program. Many people commented on the enthusiasm of the local business owners, the sheer variety of what is on offer in the valley and the hard work of the organisers in making it happen. I didn't get to see all of the exhibitors or make it over to the shiny new Trade Training Centre for the food demonstrations by Michelle Crawford, Jacinta from PanTree Produce and more, but from all accounts it was terrific. Did you go? I would love to hear what you thought.

I spent the day talking with visitors on the I Hate My PC stand, located between the Makers on Church St stand (which won best exhibit) and the delicious cakes from Crumbeleena. Opposite us was Franks Cider (very popular) and two local dairy producers, the Mount Cygnet Dairy crew (producers of 2Cow Milk) and Mountain River Yogurt. I made a few purchases myself on the day... some wine from Kilbowie Wines and Elsewhere Vineyard, hand made cards, some cider and a cute shopping bag from ethical dog treat makers Nose-2-Tail. And my husband got a spray tan from the lovely ladies at Star Anise Beauty Therapy. I'll spare you the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment